- Wear-resistant PU lining & programmable control
- Robust and consistently high energy finishing
- Aggressive deburring and fine burnishing
- Delicate parts finishing without impingement
Inovatec MachineryYour Best Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine Manufacturer in China
Inovatec centrifugal barrel finishing machine also called centrifugal barrel finisher or “harperizer machine”. It is a high-speed, high-precision finishing machine with high energy mass finishing concept. While most mass finishing machines process only 1 G of force, Inovatec centrifugal barrel machine can handle 5 G force of deburring and polishing. Therefore, you can get the perfect surface finish in a short period of time.
CB series high energy centrifugal finishing machine is ideal for a uniform surface finishing of entire parts.
Compact design with removable barrel, suitable for small pieces like jewelry, dental parts, rubbers, etc.
The tilt barrel is designed for parts with deep slots and recesses and holes.
CB40 centrifugal barrel finishing machine is ideal for small parts surface finishing in big batches.
Optional Design & Setting
Centrifugal barrel finishing machine with optional dividers provides better protection for parts from hitting each other that can damage them.
Optional 8-degree tilt barrel design allows aggressive deburring and polishing with eccentric movement.
Removable barrel design available for 30-liter and 36-liter centrifugal barrel machines, perfectly suitable for dental and jewelry parts.
Belt drive system allows stable movement, preferred for a centrifugal barrel machine that’s smaller than 80 liters.
The chain drive system is preferred for big size machines, for example, 80 liters and much bigger centrifugal barrel machines.
The integrated separator helps to separate the parts from the media at the end of the process with the help of a screen.
Mass Finishing Media
We have a wide variety of plastic tumbling media, ceramic tumbling media as well as steel burnishing media. All come in different sizes, shapes, and materials to meet your deburring, polishing, and finishing needs.
- High processing speed up to 400 rpm
- Optional user-friendly control panel & touch screen
- Consistent process and repeatable output
- Medical, turbine blade, automotive parts, firearms finishing
- Before & After
Yes, we are a manufacturer of surface finishing equipment with 20 years of experience.
You can do it by mail or WhatsApp.
For general orders, we accept a 30% down payment and pay the 70% balance before shipment.
If it is a big order, we can do a sight letter of credit.
Of course, we can also transact through PayPal.
Of course! We accept FOB, EXW, also CIF, CFR, and DDU.
The warranty period of the machine is one year.
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine
Centrifugal barrel finishing machine is highly controllable mass finishing equipment.
With all parameter pre-sets, you can always receive predictable and satisfactory results.
Inovatec centrifugal finishing machine has the smallest size of 30 liters to the most substantial 320 liters.
It works best for small, delicate parts, and parts with complex geometry.
For example, you can polish small jewelry parts, silver contact points as well as knitting accessories, different product series in separated compartments.
Besides, the centrifugal polishing machine is also very useful in fast material removal.
Metal 3D printed parts, titanium medical implants, surgical scissors as well as airplane turbine blades are the most popular application of this equipment.
Manufacturers well receive Inovatec centrifugal high energy finishing machines throughout the world.
Here are the reasons:
- Flexible running either wet or dry tumble finishing applications
- Durable PU lining for longer lifetime
- Bosch Rexroth speed control allows an increase or reduces the rotation speed
- Forward and backward barrel controlling
- Process timer control and alarm you when a cycle ends
- Optional Siemens touch screen to simplify operation
- Safety proxy to stop the machine when the cover opening during engine running
- Significant time saving from manual deburring and polishing
Inovatec has over 20 years’ experience in mass finishing machine manufacturing.
We offer cutting edge surface finishing technology and best quality equipment.
The optimal combination of vibratory finishing media, compound, and machinery ensures the best surface finishing.
Get in touch with us and get the solution now!
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine FAQ Guide
- 1. How do you control the high-energy planetary barrel finishing machine quality?
- 2. How do you choose the right types of centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 3. What options do we have when purchasing a centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 4. How do you choose the right size of the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 5. What the spare parts of the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 6. How to confirm the centrifugal barrel finishing machine order?
- 7. What is the after-sales service for the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 8. How do you make maintenance for a centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 9. What is the power supply requirements for a centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 10. How much media put in the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
- 11. How do you test a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine before shipment?
- 12. What is a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine?
- 13. How does a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine work?
- 14. What are a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine components?
- 15. How’s the Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine different from other mass finishing machine types and categories?
- 16. What are the Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine industry applications?
- 17. Can a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine’s speed be adjusted?
- 18. What are the advantages or benefits of a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine usage?
- 19. Are there any flipside to a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine’s usage?
- 20. What material types can a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine work on successfully?
- 21. Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine vs Centrifugal Vibratory Tumbling Machine
- 22. Does an operator need technical knowledge to operate a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine?
- 23. What are the functionalities of a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine?
- 24. What type of media does a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine use?
1. How do you control the high-energy planetary barrel finishing machine quality?
First of all, we use a rigid stainless steel plate. After CNC laser cutting, we ensure that the size error of each part is within 0.5mm.
We have experienced workers who check the quality of each part and do welding and refinement.
The barrel is the casted parts. We do shot blasting inside the barrel, so it facilitates PU lining adhesion.
We use Dow Chemical’s PU lining with Akzo Nobel brand hardener.
Besides the quality of raw materials, we make strict process control.
With an automatic PU casting machine, PU and hardener are mixed in an optimal ratio.
Unique mixing head with a high-efficiency vacuum device ensures that the PU lining has no bubbles.
After PU casting, we move it to the PU curing room with a temperature variation of ±2°C.
Once the barrel tumbler deburring machine is assembled, we ship it to the painting room.
Our paint is corrosion resistant Nippon Paint. You can choose machine color with RAL code or Pantone code.
If you need epoxy coating or PU coating, we shall also do that according to your request.
All the above procedures ensure the production of quality and durable machines you can use for many years.
2. How do you choose the right types of centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
Inovatec offers different types of finishing machines for deburring metal parts.
We select a centrifugal tumbler finishing machine according to parts’ size/shape and surface requirement.
1) For jewelry parts that have small quantities and various types, we use the CB40 centrifugal barrel finishing machine, so we can polish them separately at the same time.
2) For the valve plate, we need to clean them individually in a big centrifugal barrel machine without parts sticking together.
3) If you want to deburr a significant 3D printed parts, we have the most significant size 320-liter centrifugal barrel machine.
4) Dentals parts use a removable barrel design centrifugal barrel finishing machine.
5) For high-valued parts, like titanium bone implant or turbine blade, we use centrifugal barrel machines with independent slots.
3. What options do we have when purchasing a centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
When purchasing a brand new centrifugal barrel finishing machine, you have your own choice of optional machine add-ons.
1) Speed converter that can adjust rotational speed (maximum 400 rpm)
2) The timer control allows you to set the total running time of the cycle
3) Alarm: tell you when the cycle is finished
4) Forward and reverse movement barrel tumbling
1) Integrated separator for parts tumbler media and parts separation
2) Tilt barrel with 8 degrees inclined barrel with aggressive eccentric tumbling
3) Removable barrel or fixed barrel according to user requirement
4) Barrel with dividers protects delicate parts from hitting
4. How do you choose the right size of the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
The centrifugal barrel finishing machine size is dependent on your parts’ size, surface requirement, and daily production volume.
For small pieces, you can add as much as you can if the surface finishing is not affected.
For huge parts, typically, one compartment allows one part.
5. What are the spare parts of the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
The spare parts of the centrifugal barrel finishing machine include:
Bearing: need lubrication to increase machine life
Chain: used in 80-320-liter centrifugal barrel finishing machine
Belt: used in 30-60-liter centrifugal barrel finishing machine
Sprockets: wear with high-speed chain transmission
Barrel: PU insides the barrels wear after some time of using
Half axis and Spindle: wearable mechanical components
6. How to confirm the centrifugal barrel finishing machine order?
1) Confirm the machine size capacity and model.
2) Check if the machine is a removable barrel or a fixed barrel. The fixed barrel design is an automatic unloading design.
3) If the machine is a movable barrel design machine, check whether you need an extra set of barrels.
4) Check the machine’s electric power supply.
5) Inform if you want an optional device like a separator, tilt barrel, etc.
6) You can choose a machine color according to the RAL code or Pantone code.
With all the above information, you have the details of your machine order.
Please inform us and send us your requirements.
We make your idea into a real product.
7. What is the after sales service for the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
Sales are not the end of the service, but the beginning of the service.
To improve product cost-effectiveness, we offer technical training for your operators.
If your mechanical components break, we will send you a new one for replacement.
This will be free of charge if you are still within our warranty period.
For electric components, we will teach you how to fix them when we have the error code.
We will send you spare parts by air, or you can find a new one locally.
If you have to challenge to do it yourself, we shall send a video to guide you step-by-step on how to solve the problem.
8. How do you make maintenance for a centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
To maintain the centrifugal barrel finishing machine, you need to daily check the machine’s performance before running.
Check the barrel if it has water leaking during running.
Also, check whether you hear irregular mechanical noise when the machine is running.
If you hear any mechanical noise, then it’s time to change some spare parts.
Also, you need to grease the bearing every 2 weeks. There are several greasing points in the machines.
Besides, you need to tighten the screw and nuts every 2 weeks.
9. What is the power supply requirement for a centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
Our default machine power is 380V 50HZ 3 phase.
We also made the machine with a 220V-480V 50-60HZ 3 phase power supply.
If you have other electric power, please contact us and discuss it personally.
10. How much media can be put in the centrifugal barrel finishing machine?
To get the best finishing, we put media and parts to 80% of barrel capacity.
The vibratory finishing compound and the water level should be enough to cover the tumbling media.
11. How do you test a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine before shipment?
1) The mechanical parts of the centrifugal barrel machine and the purchased parts should meet the corresponding standards and have the product certification.
2) PU lining should meet the following standard: the surface should be smooth and round, there should be no defects such as pores, and it should be firmly bonded to the whole structure.
3) The hardness values of the inner liner materials of the hexagonal barrel and the cover are Shore A80 ± 5.
4) At average temperature, the insulation resistance between the electrical system of the control box and the enclosure should be not less than 2MΩ.
5) There should be a reliable grounding device.
6) Welding should be firm, smooth, and smooth, and there should be no welding defects such as nicks, cracks, and pores.
7) The surface paint should be flat, uniform, and free from defects such as pollution, bumps, cracks, peeling, bubbles, and sagging.
8) The centrifugal barrel finishing machine shall be subjected to a 30-minute no-load test and shall meet the following requirements:
- The rolling machine should be flexible and without abnormal noise;
- The operating mechanism and an electrical control system should be sensitive and reliable.
- Rotating drum and disc should be free from blocking and flexible in rotation;
- All lubricants and oil seals do not leak
12. What is a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine?
Centrifugal barrel finishing machines are one of the cheapest and most powerful tumbling machines available out there.
The barrel finishing process happens inside this machine.
They often provide surface finishing results that are unachievable with a standard vibratory finishing machine.
The tumble deburring process – sometimes called mass orbital barrel finishing – smoothly enhances surfaces with little or no workpiece impingement.
To achieve their purpose, they operate on the Ferris wheel principle with four barrels closely mounted to the center turret.
When the industrial barrel tumbler machine kickstarts, one full turn of the turret wheel results in one complete rotation of each barrel.
The capacities of the centrifugal barrel tumbler machine range from 0.5 cf to 12 cf of processing volume.
13. How does a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine work?
A centrifugal barrel machine typically comprises four barrels horizontally mounted between the turret wheel.
When the industrial tumbler machine is thus kickstarted, one full turn of the turret wheel results in one complete rotation of each barrel.
In other words, all four barrels rotate in the opposite direction of the turret wheel.
The spinning of the central turret wheel generates a centrifugal force on the vibratory tumbler media and workpieces inside each barrel.
The centrifugal force generated on the mass of deburring tumbler media, workpieces and compound is often up to 30 times that of gravity.
This force compacts the load into a tight mass, causing them to rub against each other.
This causes the workpieces and the tumble deburring media to rub against each other, resulting in the desired finish.
So, the working is completely different from the vibratory tumbler bowls and the rotary tumblers.
14. What are the Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine components?
There are three essential components that make a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine work effectively.
- The Machine – This comprises the four barrels, tub wheel, and various parts that are so interconnected. Think of it as the interconnected parts and accessories that make up a motor car.
- The Compound – This is the wet or dry substance that is introduced into the deburring tumbler to enhance the mass finishing process. It helps to repress the corrosion of the industrial parts tumbler and the media.
- The Media– This is the abrasive substance that is energized by the machine. The centrifugal force generated makes it hit hard at the workpieces. This then produces the desired effect and finish.
15. How’s the Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine different from other mass finishing machine types and categories?
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine action results in a very fast, efficiently highly-controllable mass finishing operation.
It maintains a smooth surface rubbing action with little or no workpiece impingement.
This typically makes it produce fine finishes on precision and fragile parts.
Compared to conventional vibratory finishing equipment and rotary parts tumbler machines, a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine’s tumbling machine process is quicker and more effective.
It is also ideal for parts with holes and recesses.
With this machine, parts are less likely to impact each other, making it the best choice.
This makes it suitable for polishing high-value surgical components, turbine blades, and 3D printed parts.
16. What are the Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine industry applications?
As industrial machinery, centrifugal barrel finishing machines are versatile.
They are widely used as tumbling machines for metal parts cleaning and polishing.
Some of its industrial usage scenarios include:
The automotive industry benefits from centrifugal barrel finishing machines in smoothing metal parts surfaces.
In particular, the automotive industry uses centrifugal barrel finishers to polish engine heads, gears, and fasteners.
Aerospace and Defense:
Usually, metal smoothness and strength are usually a crucial requirement for aerospace and defense parts.
Their manufacturers thus use centrifugal barrel finishers to reduce cost and optimize delivery time.
Some of the parts that benefit from this process include turbine blades, jet engines, and more.
Customers expect consistent, high-quality finishes on medical device metal parts, that often have complex geometry.
These machines deliver fast enhancement of stainless steel, titanium, and cobalt chrome with surgical parts.
Other application scenarios include dental implants, dental tool polishing, and many more.
General Job Shop:
At general machine shops, centrifugal barrel finishing machines provide cost-effective, quick performance for deburring and polishing metal parts.
17. Can a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine’s speed be adjusted?
Yes. Centrifugal barrel finishing machines have provisions for the adjustment of their finishing speed by operators.
This level of control allows for finer finishing and polishing at lower speeds.
Also, higher speeds allow for aggressive deburring and edge smoothing.
18. What are the advantages or benefits of a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine usage?
Centrifugal barrel finishing machines are typically well-adapted for the removal of significant burrs and blending lines.
They offer excellent performance in burnishing and polishing applications.
When used appropriately, they can achieve virtually any surface finish from super-fine surface finish polishing to burr removal.
Here are some of its usage benefits:
Elimination of Manual or Hand Finishing
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine helps eliminate the slow progress of deburring or polishing parts by hand.
This dramatically increases production and return on investment.
Gone are the days of having to use a microscope to identify and remove defects, burrs on workpieces.
Using a centrifugal barrel finisher helps reduce waste and meet the metal smoothness customer’s requirement.
All-round Quality Consistency
Using a centrifugal barrel finishing machine increases consistency in surface finishing quality.
With a centrifugal barrel finishing machine, you can achieve much higher rates of acceptance.
Not to mention that surface finish after centrifugal part tumbling is isotropic and consistent in all directions, unlike hand polishing.
19. Are there any flipside to a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine’s usage?
As with all electronics, operating a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine in an uncontrolled manner can lead to lots of problems.
For example, if an operator knows not the level of centrifugal force to tune in, the workpiece can turn out in a worse shape.
20. What material types can a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine work on successfully?
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine generates forces that are often up to 30 times that of gravity.
Because of the aggravated gravity force, they are best used for metal workpieces.
21. Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine vs Centrifugal Vibratory Tumbling Machine?
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine uses a rotary movement with an abrasive media to create sliding friction.
The polishing or deburring occurs as the parts slide against the media and other parts.
All this is done under the scope of a centrifugal force that’s usually 30 times that of gravity.
On the other hand, Centrifugal Vibratory Tumbler Machine uses side-to-side movement to shake the tub in a circular path.
The finishing occurs in a scrubbing action as the workpiece and media rub against each other.
22. Does an operator need technical knowledge to operate a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine?
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machines are usually easy to use and operate.
An operator needs not to go for specialized training before he can use a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine.
However, an operator needs to follow the manufacturer’s operational manual and online training to safely run the machine.
23. What are the functionalities of a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine?
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machines perform several functions on workpieces. These functions can be classified into the following three categories, in ascending order of smoothness:
Deburring is the process of removing sharp edges or burrs on metals, left after machining.
A common deburring example is smoothening a sharp corner into a rounded corner in a piece of metal.
This is similar to deburring. It also smoothens the surface of a metal workpiece. Deflashing removes the leftover machine lines in the process of milling and shape-cutting metals.
Polishing – also called burnishing – takes the workpiece to the next level of smoothness.
It makes the workpiece shiny and attains a mirrored look.
A centrifugal barrel finishing machine has these functionalities.
Depending on your workpiece’s surface finishing needs, however, not all the steps may be necessary.
Your need might require just one or two of the functionalities.
24. What type of media does a Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine use?
Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machine makes use of several abrasive media that grind away burrs on metal surfaces.
Some of the most popular media compositions include Ceramic media, Porcelain media, Plastic tumbling media, Steel media, Corn cob media, Walnut shell media, etc.
And for media shapes, the most choices are Cones, Pyramids, Cylinders, Sphere, Wedges, Tetrahedrons, and many more others.
With the many options available, there is a technique for selecting the best finishing media.
Incorrect media choices can result in problems like stuck media in workpiece hole or workpiece damage.
Generally, the darker the media, the faster it cuts or deburrs.
Lighter-colored media are thus more likely to be mild cutting for mildly abrasive mass finishing.