- Suitable for small and big-sized propellers up to 32 inches in diameter
- No propeller blade damage during polishing
- Labor-saving & time-saving mass finishing
- Repeatable surface finishing quality
Inovatec MachineryYour Best Propeller Automatic Polishing Solution Provider in China
Inovatec mass finishing machines are able to remove burrs and slags from the laser cutting process. Meanwhile, parts’ edges will be rounded and rust will be removed as well. This is a cost-effective process, especially for small and medium-sized parts with complex geometry.
Material of Different Propellers
Aluminum propeller finishing and smoothing can be achieved using plastic abrasive media. The surface can get a homogeneous texture in a couple of hours.
Stainless steel propeller polishing can be done using porcelain balls or zirconia balls. We can achieve a mirror finishing in 1 hour.
A brass propeller is softer than a stainless steel propeller. We can remove the dust and dirt on parts’ surfaces with suitable mass finishing media.
Model boat propellers are mini-size propellers. They can be processed in batches in the drag finishing machine separately without hitting each other.
The aluminum fan blade is a small size propeller. We can use the drag finishing machine for mirror polishing and fine deburring without parts contact.
Titanium is a hard metal. We use the wheel vibratory machine to clamp the propeller in the vibratory bowl. Then choose the right media for smoothing and polishing.
Vibratory Tumbling Media
Inovatec has an unexhaustive collection of tumbling media for you to choose from. Whether you want deburring, burnishing, or polishing, we have the right size and shape for your application.
- We select the correct media and machine for your parts
- We offer free parts trials for you
- A fraction cost compared with manual polishing
- Fast turn around time and quick engineering
Our propeller polishing machine MOQ is 1 pcs.
We use a wooden box to protect the machine. The box is able to lift and transport with a forklift. Tumbling media is packed with double plastic bags. 1000kg per wooden pallet.
We start production with your 30% advance payment. Once the product is ready, we will take photos and a video for your confirmation. You can then pay the 70% remaining balance. Later, we will do shipment to the port or to your location.
Usually, 20-25 days of production. The shipping time also needs to be considered in your lead time. We will do our best to cooperate if you have a tight shipping schedule.
The nearest ports are Shanghai, Ningbo, and Yiwu. We can ship also to your warehouse in some other place.
Propellor Polishing Machine – Definitive Guide
- 1. What Is the Propeller Polishing Machine?
- 2. What Types of Propeller Polishing Machine Are There?
- 3. What Are the Components of the Propeller Polishing Equipment?
- 4. How Does the Propeller Polishing Machine Function?
- 5. What Is the Cost Implication of Procuring a Propeller Polishing Machine?
- 6. How Often Will Maintenance Be Required for a Propeller Polishing Machine?
- 7. What Steps Are Required to Efficiently Use a Propeller Polishing Equipment?
- 8. What Is the Fouling Removal Efficiency of a Propeller Polishing Machine?
- 9. What Range of Propeller Materials Can a Polishing Machine Be Used on?
- 10. Cost-Wise, How Efficient Is Our Propeller Polishing Machine?
- 11. What Propeller Sizes Can Be Polished?
- 12. How Quickly Can a Polishing Process Be Completed?
- 13. How Should the Machine Be Handled After Each Use?
- 14. How Do I Choose the Right Media?
- 15. Can I Run the Machine with Little or No Quantity of Compound?
- 16. Why Exactly Do I Need This Machine?
- 17. Do You Get Support After Sales/Installation?
- 18. How Extensive Is the Warranty on the Machine?
- 19. How Long Do the Different Parts of the Machines Last?
- 20. How Is Machine Quality Ensured?
- 21. What Is the Payment Schedule Like?
1. What Is the Propeller Polishing Machine?
It is a device that helps in removing deposits of different types from a propeller which otherwise could cause a loss in propulsion efficiency. It gives finishing touches such as radiusing of defined edges, deburring, smoothing of surfaces, and polishing of machine parts. The advantages of the propeller polishing procedure cannot be overemphasized.
2. What Types of Propeller Polishing Machine Are There?
There are several types of polishing machines available, with different functions and specialities. Some of them are:
- The drag finishing machine – It is one of the fastest polishing methods, almost 40 times faster than the vibratory bowl, especially in boat propeller polishing. It is also used for high precision polishing of materials like medical implants and golf clubs.
It ensures high-value contour materials and components with complex shapes. If repeatable surface finishing is a necessity, or the parts are such that require avoiding part-on-part interaction, drag finishing is best.
- The wheel vibratory finishing machine – It works similarly to the drag finishing machine, except that it is neither as fast or as precise. This explains why it typically costs about 20% of what a drag finishing machine would cost. Vibratory finishing machines are usually in two versions: those with internal separation and those without the separation deck.
The former is used when you have several parts that can be easily taken out in the bowl, while the latter is used when there are lots of small pieces that are difficult to handpick. If you only have several parts and it’s easy to take out in the bowl, then you choose the one without separation.
Now, you know, how to clean outdoor copper propellers using Inovatec machines.
3. What Are the Components of the Propeller Polishing Equipment?
The polishing machine typically has 3 parts:
- The Machine: This is a combination of the chamber, work bowl, and the remaining interrelated mechanisms that ensure the finishing is done.
- The Media: It is the work tool of the machine, the abrasive substance that the machine powers to rub against the work-pieces and do the finishing of intended surfaces.
- The Compound: These are materials added to the machine operation to enhance the finishing process. They can be either damp or dry, and inhibit corrosion of the machine and media.
4. How Does the Propeller Polishing Machine Function?
Depending on the type of polishing equipment, turning on electricity supplies powers to the system to move in the corresponding type of motion. The media then begins to grind on the inserted work-pieces to produce the desired finishing.
5. What Is the Cost Implication of Procuring a Propeller Polishing Machine?
The costs usually vary depending on what type you are looking to purchase. Factors such as the extent of desired precision, speed of polishing, and range of work-piece geometry that can be can be handled by the machine determine how massive the cost implications would be.
6. How Often Will Maintenance Be Required for a Propeller Polishing Machine?
Depending on how regularly the machine is used, timely maintenance is highly needed. Monthly checks are particularly important, apart from post-use surveys. Some of the important maintenance steps are:
- Grease the motor every 2 weeks or monthly, depending on runtime.
- Maintain media level – The level of media in the machine must be kept at specified levels. Long process times, sub-par finishing, and component damage may occur if the media level falls dangerously below specifications.
- Check on the drain – Using undersized media can result in drain clogging, causing flooding in the machine. Ensure all obstacles should be cleared.
- The gap designed between parts of the propeller finishing machine should be checked to ensure wear has not widened it beyond allowance.
- The screw and nut in a propeller finishing machine should be tightened.
- Check machine linings – The use of vibratory tumbling media such as the abrasive media can cause the lining to deteriorate over time. If not replaced, holes might be drilled in the machine by the rubbing action of the abrasive surface against the machine body.
7. What Steps Are Required to Efficiently Use a Propeller Polishing Equipment?
The first and foremost important procedure is to read the manufacturer’s guide thoroughly to understand each part of the machine and its functions. It also gives directions on how to operate the machine.
After reading it, fill the machine gradually with the stated quantity of both the work-piece and media in the correct ratio indicated. This should be based on the material of the work-piece and the desired action and precision of the machine on it.
Also, the required compound should be added, after which you can switch on the machine and let it do its work.
Now, you know how to clean badly tarnished copper propeller with the help of the machine.
8. What Is the Fouling Removal Efficiency of a Propeller Polishing Machine?
The fouling removal efficiency of the propeller polishing machine is considerably high when estimated in terms of savings on fuel consumption for ships.
As a result of the fouling removal process, i.e the propeller polishing, fuel savings are estimated to be at about 5 percent.
9. What Range of Propeller Materials Can a Polishing Machine Be Used on?
A propeller polishing machine can be used on diverse propeller materials such as Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Brass, and Titanium.
10. Cost-Wise, How Efficient Is Our Propeller Polishing Machine?
Our machines are produced with high-quality international brand materials, ensuring they provide maximum value within their service life with a warranty on the whole machine for a year.
The spare parts are readily available in local stores and the maintenance is very cheap if regularly done. In all, our polishing machine eliminates long days of manual polishing, reducing man-hour costs, and increasing throughput.
We also design customized machines to meet your needs if you have a significantly large quantity of parts to polish in one day, ensuring your costs are greatly reduced and overall productivity increased.
11. What Propeller Sizes Can Be Polished?
Our machines are built to work with high precision and wide ranges; hence, they polish from the smallest sizes to big propeller sizes up to 32 inches in diameter.
This range covers most of the common propeller sizes in the industry, thus you can be sure to get the best fit that suits your finishing requirements from our diverse range of polishing machines.
12. How Quickly Can a Polishing Process Be Completed?
It usually takes between ten minutes to a few hours for a standard polishing machine to complete its finishing cycle. The speed of the process depends on the requirements of the surface concerned and the condition of the part’s surface, as well as the complexity of the component’s geometry.
13. How Should the Machine Be Handled After Each Use?
It is important to remove the media after each use and clean it. This ensures all dust and dirt are removed, preventing any damage to the machine. The power cord should also be cleaned and examined for any possible cuts. If any exist, the machine should not be used until the cord is replaced.
14. How Do I Choose the Right Media?
Deciding what media to use is dependent on the work-piece to be polished. The two most common options are ceramics and plastics.
Ceramics are known to be the best for processes from heavy grinding to fine polishing of materials, especially on jobs that are tough and strong. Plastic media, however, are more suited for mild surface finishes, typical of materials like aluminium, copper, brass, textiles, and other soft and non-ferrous materials.
15. Can I Run the Machine with Little or No Quantity of Compound?
This is similar to running a car on little or no lubricating oil. The consequence is sure – damage to the components. Compounds work to reduce the frictional force and heat generated by the movement of the finishing media on the machine. This ensures the machine is available for use for a reasonable period.
16. Why Exactly Do I Need This Machine?
For one, it helps in fine-tuning the surfaces of your products either for immediate use or further processing. Refining actions like de-scaling, polishing, deburring, and burnishing can be done to make the surfaces stronger and reduce the likelihood of corrosion, giving the surfaces an appealing appearance.
Also, this machine ensures your materials are cleansed of all sorts of dirt gathered earlier in the production process such as dust, grease, and other sediments. Also, it gives the surface of your propeller (or any other product) a homogeneous texture all over.
This ensures your products are ready for whatever next process you desire, whether electroplating, painting, anodizing, coating, or passivation.
17. Do You Get Support After Sales/Installation?
Definitely. Though we provide manuals alongside the product to guide you through installing and operating our machines, we are available to answer any questions you may have.
We will also provide whatever support you need to get the best out of our product throughout its service life.
We are always available to send you videos on how to fix any mechanical and electrical issues as long as you can provide us with the necessary details to help us understand your challenge. We are available to ship replacement parts to you in any part of the world.
Although, we make sure to use international brands of electronic components that should be readily available in your local electronic stores, so you do not experience long downtimes.
18. How Extensive Is the Warranty on the Machine?
Within the 1-year warranty period, any replacement parts are provided without cost. However, only standard costs will be charged on spare parts required outside the warranty period.
19. How long do the different parts of the machines last?
The machine’s motors and PU lining are the most important components of the machine. The motor typically lasts for 5-10 years; its life is usually determined by how regularly the motor bearings are lubricated with grease.
The service life of the PU part varies among the different machine types, depending on how the media is positioned and how coarse it is.
The PU ring on the centrifugal disc finishing machine lasts from 3-6 months, while that of the vibratory finishing machine varies from 3-10 years depending on running hours and degree of media abrasiveness.
20. How Is Machine Quality Ensured?
Our mass finishing machines are certified based on ISO9001:2005 and CE with strict quality control measures pre-delivery. Test runs are carried out and every mass finishing equipment is commissioned with media inside before shipment.
When testing is completed, each component is packed in the wooden box, fixed in the pallet and secured such that your propeller finishing equipment does not fall or get scratched during shipment.
21. What Is the Payment Schedule Like?
We offer flexible and efficient payment options. Starting production, we just want you to pay a 30% advance payment. When your product is finished and available, we send photos and video proof for you to confirm that the final product meets your needs and specifications.
You can complete the payment thereafter, following which shipment is done to the port or the location of your choice, depending on our agreement.
Now, you know how to clean copper and brass propellers using Inovatec mass finishing machines.