- The shallow incline of processing channel
- Manually insertable separation gate or pneumatically activated separation flap option
- Long surface and easy to change separation screens (screen change does not require any special tools)
- Adjustable imbalance weights allow different grinding intensities
- Wear-resistant lining made from hot poured PU
- Tumbling Media unload plug with integrated effluent drain
- Flexible design of control panels and compound dosing system
- Variable speed of the vibratory motor
- Extra bottom drains
- Undersized media classifications: integrated into media unload plug or separate segment on separation screen
- Noise protection equipment
|Max overall dimension(mm)||1080||1170||1200||1370||1430||1860|
|Motor installation tube(mm)||φ460||φ460||φ530||φ630||φ630||φ900|
|Process bowl width(mm)||φ220||φ260||φ252||φ275||φ330||φ390|
|Media unload height(kg)||470||440||360||290||570||400|
Operation Manual for Vibratory Polisher
Ⅰ. Name of product
Ⅲ. Main specifications and parameters
Ⅳ. Main structure and working principle
Ⅴ. Handling, installing and adjusting
Ⅵ. Operation and use
Ⅶ. Maintenance, repair and removal of troubles
I. Name of product: Screw-vibratory polisher
The polisher is mainly used for processing parts made of metals, non-ferrous metals and nonmetals, including removing burrs and rust, rounding and polish-processing, especially suitable for polish-processing of parts with complicated and irregular cavities. After processing, not only there is no damage to the original shape or precision of dimensions of the processed parts, but also the precision of the roughness of the processed parts can be raised 1 to 2 grades. This type of polisher is suitable for the surface polishing of large quantity and batch of medium and large-sized parts.
III. Main specifications and parameters
The main specifications and parameters can be seen in Fig.1 and Table1
2.Table1 Parameters for LZG200 screw vibratory polisher
|Volume of the vessel (L)||200|
|Overal height (mm)||940|
|Height of separation mouth B||770|
|Installation area (mm2)||1170X1170|
|Vibratory motor||Power (KW)||3.0|
|Voltage||380V 50HZ 3PH or customized|
IV. Main structure and working principle
This model of polisher consists of a vibratory motor, the vessel with a separation sieve (as seen in Fig3), pedestal springs and basement. The vibratory motor is connected with the vessel by means of bolts and then together they are installed on the springs linked to the basement. The structure can be seen from the sketch of the screw vibratory polisher shown in Fig.3.
The grinding process of the screw vibratory polisher is a kind of vibratory grinding process in which the parts to be processed are put in the vessel where there are polishing abrasive pieces and grinding compound mixed by certain ratio. The regular vibration of the vessel causes a relative grinding movement between the abrasive pieces and the parts, thus removing the burrs from the parts, and at the same time rounding the sharp edges and polishing the surfaces of the parts.
V.Installation and adjustment
1. The polisher is usually delivered in integral unit (with an electric apparatus cabinet) and for safe carrying the vessel and the basement are secured with screw bolts which should be removed before the operation.
2. Detect and correct possible defects caused by improper transportation and keeping of the machine such as the deformation of the basement and the electric control cabinet and poor contact of the electric apparatus in the cabinet.
3. The polisher may be set up on the level concrete ground (with the thickness of the concrete greater than 10cm) without using foundation bolts.
4. The buffers are first secured to the basement which then is set on the selected work site.
5. The electric control cabinet is placed beside the polisher, with its inlet wire connected to the electric mains and its outlet wire connected to the vibratory motor and the distance between the motor and the cabinet being 1.5m.
6. To determine the rotation direction of the vibratory motor, switch on the motor for 1 to 2 seconds and then switch it off, look at the LZG600 polisher from above (i.e. the lid) and see to it that the polisher rotates clockwise, if not, change the order of the wire connects.
7. The cable connecting the control cabinet to the vibratory motor should go through the hole lined with rubber at the bottom of the screw vessel, and never make the cable contact other parts lest leakage of electricity and power failure should occur because of the damage to the cable skin and the cutting of the cable. The control cabinet should be earthed.
8. The vibratory motor has already been adjusted before leaving the factory, but the exciting force can be adjusted according to the needs of grinding different parts. The procedures of adjusting the exciting force are as follows:
1). Change the exciting force by adjusting the included angle between the upper and the lower eccentric blocks. The eccentric blocks are secured on both ends of the motor shaft with the lower eccentric block fixed, so the upper eccentric block is used to adjust the included angle. The projections of the two blocks on a plane include an angle which is usually 90º as shown in Fig.2. The places of the upper and lower eccentric blocks are shown in Fig.2, with the arrow indicating the rotation direction of the motor. The upper and the lower key-slots on the motor shaft are in the same direction, if bolt A fixes the upper eccentric block in the same direction as that of the key-slot on the shaft ring, the included angle between the two blocks is zero degree. In the position of the key-slot on the shaft ring divide 180ºinto eight equal parts (22º30′),there is a hole for the screw bolt on each part. When it is necessary to adjust the angle between the two blocks, align the screw bolt to a hole and screw the bolt to fix the block, thus completing an adjustment.
2). Change the exciting force by adjusting the weights of the upper and the lower eccentric blocks:
Increasing the weight of the lower eccentric block can increase the spiral turning speed of the mixture of the abrasive pieces for polishing and the parts. Whereas increasing the weight of the upper eccentric block can increase the revolving speed of the mixture of the abrasive pieces for polishing and the parts.
VI. Operation and use
The grinding conditions are decided by the shape, size, material, purpose of grinding and the quantity of the parts to be processed.
1.Selection of the abrasive pieces for polishing:
The abrasive pieces are selected according to such factors as the material, shape and size of the parts and the requirements of processing. Polishing compound should be used to keep the abrasive pieces clean, sharp so that the removing of burrs and polishing are carried out smoothly.
2. The ratio of the abrasive pieces to be used to the parts to be processed:
The result of polishing is the best when abrasive pieces for polishing encloses the parts, so the usual ratio of the abrasive pieces to the parts is 1:1—10:1, with 2:1 being used for rough processing and 6:1 for precision processing.
3.The quantity of the abrasive pieces for polishing and the parts to be added to the vessel:
The proper quantity of the parts and the abrasive pieces to be put into the screw vessel is that which reaches 85%—90% the total volume of the vessel. The proper quantity of the mixture of the parts and the abrasive pieces in the vessel can be judged by the fact that the mixture can roll in the vessel freely and at the same time will not overrun the vessel.
4.The quantity of the polishing compound to be added:
The polishing compound is a kind of solution made up from different chemical compounds and plays an important role in grinding and polishing. The polishing compound is used to clean and soften the surfaces of the parts so as to increase the polishing speed, and to reduce the striking effect on the parts.
The quantity of the polishing compound depends on the quantity of water to be added, usually 10—15 grams of polishing compound is added to each liter of water, with the minimum being used in rough grinding to remove burrs and the maximum being used for polishing. The effective work time for the polishing compound is 1 hour and the polishing compound and water should be replaced when the grinding time is longer than 1 hour.
5. The quantity of water to be added:
The proper quantity of water to be added is about 3% the volume of the screw vessel. Too little water may result in scratches on the surfaces of the parts and too much water would influence the quality of the polishing, so the quantity of water should be carefully controlled.
6.The determination of the grinding time:
The grinding time is determined according to the situation of the parts processing. The best grinding time is usually found by means of technological experiments so as to work out a basic table for grinding time.
7. Separation of the parts from the abrasive pieces for polishing:
When the grinding is completed, the processed parts can be washed directly in the screw vessel, and at the same time open the drainage valve. After washing the parts, select proper size of separation sieve and insert the backplate to cause the parts to separate from the abrasive pieces automatically. After that, the processed parts should be washed again and be dried and treated against corrosion.
VII. Repair and maintenance
1. Check regularly whether the electric control system is sensitive and dependable.
2. Open the top lid of the vessel and turn the eccentric body with hand, the body should rotate freely without any hindrance.
3. Switch on the machine and let it run idle, the machine should run smoothly without any strange noises. In the event of any strange sounds and hindrance, stop the machine and take relative measures according to different situations such as lubricating the machine or replacing the bearings.
4.During operation special attention should be paid to the loose screw bolts and, particularly, regular examination should be made of the screw bolts securing the vibratory motor. If there are any screw bolts found loose, screw them in time. When screwing the bolts, see to it that the flange of the motor is parallel to the flange of the screw vessel, if not, the two flanges cannot be screwed evenly and the bolts would run loose easily, producing loud noises, and even worse, cutting the bolts and resulting in the serious accident of damaging the screw vessel and the motor. So never be careless about this.
5. Check whether the cable from the connection box of the motor is secured. A major overhaul should be given to the vibratory motor every time when it has run for 3000 hours, and the lubricant, bearings and the oil seal should be replaced.
6. Specified lubricant must be used, its quality should be: lithium base grease (Q/ST1002-65)ZL—3, the lubricant should be put in at the interval of no more than 600 hours.
7. When cleaning the parts, abrasive pieces for polishing and the grinding vessel after polishing operation, do not splash water onto the panel of the vessel to prevent water from getting into the motor.
8. For the places to be checked see table 2.
Table for the places to be checked
VIII. The electric apparatus
1.Schematic diagram of the electric apparatus
On the condition that the instructions given in the operation manual on adjustment, installation, operation, repair and maintenance are strictly observed and the machine is operated properly, the machine is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of delivery.