- Plastic tumbler media for aluminum and brass parts
- Ceramic deburring media for tumbling stainless steel parts
- Silicon carbide deburring media for magnets
- OEM deburring media to meet your finishing need
Inovatec MachineryYour Best Choice Deburring Media Manufacturer in China
Deburring media also called tumble deburring media. Inovatec machinery carries the full range vibratory deburring media available in the mass finishing industry. Whether you want to remove heavy burr or clean the rusty surface, we have the solution ready for you.
Angle cut triangle shape provides rapid removal of burrs and is also useful for radiusing sharp edges.
The straight cut triangle is the best media for stone antique finishing, especially marble stone, granite stone, and sandstone.
Angle cut cylinder quickly enters holes and slots, for example, brass retainers and rubber seals.
The straight cut cylinder better finishes the straight edge than the angle cut cylinder.
Angle cut Tri-Star finishing media is ideal for finish small and medium parts little details.
Big size tumbling media shortens the deburring time with more aggressive grinding.
Wedge shape media improves parts surface finish without media jamming in parts.
Ellipse shape ceramic media is suitable for narrow edge and slots.
Ball shape ceramic media has an excellent flow rate. It finishes the side and curved surface well.
Cone-shaped plastic media produces a very smooth finish with very little shine.
Pyramid-shaped media is suitable for corners and flats while not peen over burrs.
Plastic tristar shape media produces an excellent finish while avoids rolling over the burr into a hole.
Optional Design & Setting
Ceramic deburring media is perfect for general hard metal deburring and the best tumbler media for rust removal. Ceramic deburring media is ideal for polishing and grinding hard metal parts like steel, stainless steel, or titanium. It is useful for general purpose polishing, light/heavy deburring, faster deburring of parts, and aggressive removal of metal on a workpiece.
Plastic deburring media is suitable for soft metal deburring and surface smoothing such as aluminum and brass. Plastic deburring media is suggested for general purpose metal removal, moderate cutting, and pre-plate finishing.
Silicon carbide tumbling media is best for fast metal removal, for example, surgical instrument deburring and magnets deburring. It is a highly durable deburring media for hard metal workpieces. Parts can be self-tumbled with silicon carbide tumbling media when doing scale removal, aggressive deburring, and edge rounding are necessary. Silicon carbide deburring media prevent fracturing, which allows extended tumbling cycles or multi-batch uses with excellent results.
Mass Finishing Machine
From aerospace to automotive, from jewelry to 3D printed parts, Inovatec offers state of the art mass finishing machines worldwide. We consistently create value for the end-users.
- Cost-effective deburring media of all types
- High-quality media with stable performance
- Multiple size and shape suit to your parts
- Short lead time and fast turn around
- Before & After
Our MOQ is 500kg per type. It is easy for us to organize production. Also, you have enough amount of media for your production and testing.
Our deburring media is packaged with two plastic woven bags to prevent leaking. In each bag, we put 25kg or 50 lbs according to the customer’s requirement. After that, we put 40 packs in a wooden tray. When you receive it, you can easily transport it with a forklift.
We usually make a 30% advance payment to confirm the order. Once production is finished, we inform you and send you a photo and video for confirmation. You can send your agent to come to check the quality. We will organize shipment when we receive the full payment.
For general order, production time is 15-20 days. If your media size is small, then we need extra days to manufacture.
The nearest ports from our factory are Shanghai, Ningbo, and Yiwu. We have daily shipments to Shanghai. We can also ship to other locations where your warehouse is located.
Deburring media is available in all sizes and shapes, such as triangle, cylinder, pyramid, tetrahedron, cone, diagonal, ellipse, arrowhead, wedge, ball, etc. They are known by many other names like rotary tumbler deburring media, vibratory tumbler deburring media, etc.
Choosing the right vibratory deburring media plays a vital role in a successful finishing project.
The proper deburring media should:
- Remove burrs in a specific time range (within few hours)
- Access to the surface of the entire parts
- Do not lodge in parts holes or recesses
- Easy to separate from parts
Ceramic deburring media and plastic deburring media are the two major categories of tumble deburr media.
All these tumble deburring media can finish in industrial vibratory tumbler machines, centrifugal disc finishing machines, rotary barrel tumbler deburring machines, and also centrifugal barrel machines.
Below are the main applications of these media:
- Ceramic deburring media is best suited for deburring hard metals like steel, iron, and titanium. Besides, it also performs well in edge breaking, de-rusting, and burr removal. If you have machine parts, laser cutting parts, pressed parts, water jet cutting parts, and plasma cutting parts, then ceramic deburring media is your first choice to remove the oxidation layer, slag, dirt, and burr. Also, the round deburring stones work best for edge rounding and deburring.
- Plastic deburring media is ideal for light deburring and deflashing of plastic and aluminum alloy parts. It is one of the best tumbling media for brass parts.
- Silicon carbide deburring media is more aggressive than ceramic deburring media. It is perfect for magnet deburring and radiusing. Some manufacturers classify silicon carbide media into the ceramic media category.
Inovatec is the CE certificated deburring media supplier.
Over 20 years’ experience, Inovatec is your best choice for tumbling media and industrial vibratory tumbler bowls.
Let our well-trained technicians finish your parts.
We get your desired finish in a short time with the best budget.
Contact us today and get a free sample processing service now!
Deburring Media – Definitive Guide
- 1. What Is Deburring Media?
- 2. What Types of Deburring Media Are There?
- 3. How Is the Deburring Media Utilized?
- 4. How Long Does Deburring Media Last?
- 5. Which Is the Best Deburring Media for Finishing Applications?
- 6. How Effective and Efficient Is the Ceramic Deburring Media?
- 7. What Is the Importance of Shape and Size for Deburring Media?
- 8. What Are the Benefits of Deburring Media?
- 9. When Do You Choose a Dry Deburring Media?
- 10. When Do You Use Wet Deburring Media?
- 11. What Determines the Type of Deburring Media to Be Used?
1. What Is Deburring Media?
Deburring media also referred to as tumble deburring media/vibratory tumbler media is a rigid (angular or rounded) agent used in the deburring process. It is capable of abrading specific parts of a certain substance and also removes undesired machining edges from it.
It is available in varying shapes and sizes such as the wedge, triangle, ball, cylinder, diagonal, and pyramid to mention a few depending on application (light or heavy deburring).
2. What Types of Deburring Media Are There?
There are several types of deburring media. The common ones are:
Ceramic Media – This is the most utilized deburring media for mass finishing. It is most suited for tougher metallic substances such as stainless steel, titanium, and other aggressive metals.
It also finds application on more delicate metals and almost any kind of material and part geometry. The ceramic media is also commonly referred to as a general-purpose media, i.e., it can also be used for plastic and aluminum deburring.
Ceramic tumbling media is obtained from the combination of silica, abrasives, and other minerals fired at a high temperature; forming a tough and cement-like substance. As per density, a ceramic media is denser when more abrasives are utilized in the formation process prior to firing – and vice versa.
Plastic Media – This is best suited for smoothing, burnishing, polishing, precision deburring, and general-purpose metal deburring.
Due to its delicate nature, it is perfect for delicate metallic substances such as magnesium, zinc, brass, aluminum, and threaded parts of materials. Plastic media also finds application in plastic part de-scaling and de-burring. So, it can be used for tumbling plastic parts also.
Stainless Steel Media – The steel deburring media is an efficient solution for a plethora of finishing applications and material surfaces. It eases defect removal by pressurizing the surface of the material of interest.
Steel media is cost-effective and it saves a lot of time. This media is available in a variety of sizes, alloys, and shapes (balls, Balcones, oval balls, and diagonals) to meet several needs. Due to its cleanliness and its minimum rate of attrition, steel media is best suited for light deburring applications.
Organic Media – Organic deburring media includes corn cobs, walnut shell media, and coconut shells. For light deburring applications, coconut and walnut shell tumbling media are the best choice. You can go for coarse or fine walnut media.
For metal parts finishing and surface oil removal, corn cob is well suited for this application because of its absorptive nature. Organic media are natural, biodegradable, eco-friendly, and durable.
3. How Is the Deburring Media Utilized?
Having determined the physical properties of the parts to be worked on, a suitable deburring media is then utilized in the industrial parts tumbler machine.
This media helps to get rid of raised edges, burrs, and undesired materials attached to the surface of parts. Of course, the deburring media is effectively utilized with the aid of an industrial tumbler machine.
4. How Long Does Deburring Media Last?
The rate at which a deburring media wears out is mostly a function of the size and aggressiveness of the media. However, in most cases, the media degenerates slowly. A general rule of thumb is that the loss percentage of a certain media is 0.5% every 60 minutes of operation.
The wearing of deburring media increases the efficiency of the deburring process. However, the media must be replaced when lodgments begin to occur due to a massive reduction in size.
5. Which Is the Best Deburring Media for Finishing Applications?
This, of course, will be a function of the work-piece of interest:
- Softer metals and plastics – Plastic media
- Heavy deburring – Ceramic media
- Threaded work-piece – light deburring will be required, hence, plastic media for non-aggressive applications.
- Dry deburring – Organic media
6. How Effective and Efficient Is the Ceramic Deburring Media?
The efficiency of this media is peculiar to its application, although, it is often referred to as general-purpose media. When handling tough metallic pieces such as steel, ceramic media is more effective and efficient compared to plastic media or other kinds of media.
It is also an efficient media for plastic deburring with tough abrasive requirements.
7. What Is the Importance of Shape and Size for Deburring Media?
When choosing a media, as per shape, one thing to avoid regardless of the work-piece of interest is material lodgments. You would not want to work with a media that gets lodged in the openings, edges, and slots of the material being worked on.
Deburring media come in different shapes ranging from cylinders to pyramids and tetrahedrons. The shape of the part to be finished determines the shape of the media to be utilized.
While selecting a deburring media, the 70% rule should be applied all the time.
The rule states that a media must not be less than 70% the size of slots and holes on the material of interest.
This rule ensures that lodgments do not become a concern too early into the deburring process.
In general, the contact area factor of smaller media is larger when juxtaposed with larger media.
Smaller media creates a more attractive and smoother edge finishing.
In other words, the smaller the media, the more attractive the finish; although, the processing time will be longer.
As a rule, angular media works best on holes and edges while rounded media is best suited for lighter deburring actions because of their low chipping effects.
8. What Are the Benefits of Deburring Media?
The benefits of the deburring media include:
- Part protection against infringements
- Overall improvement of the deburring process
- Parts surface improvements
- Efficient edge rounding and parts deburring
- Offers constant abrasion
- Efficient parts separation
9. When Do You Choose a Dry Deburring Media?
When the removal of oil, water, or other fluids from the surface of the work-piece becomes a necessity during the deburring process, a dry deburring media is used. This tumbling machine process is referred to as dry tumbling. Dry media is obtained by mixing organic materials with inorganic pumice.
Dry deburring media greatly improves surface finishing and lasts longer.
10. When Do You Use Wet Deburring Media?
When your deburring application does not require dry media, then you utilize wet media.
11. What Determines the Type of Deburring Media to Be Used?
Basically, the shape, size, toughness, quality of finishing desired, and characteristics of the parts of interest will inform the choice of deburring media to be used.