- Supports up to 28 inch wheels
- Zero machine vibration during the process
- Custom Diamond Cutter
- Comes with Vertical & Horizontal Designs
Inovatec Machinery“We provide complete solution, not just the machine alone.”
You can bring down the cost of repairing wheels drastically with the help of high-end wheel turning machines from Inovatec machinery. The machine will also help to save a good amount of time. Any alloy wheel can be easily fixed in under 30 minutes with the help of the automotive wheel turning machine from us.
The WRC28VM is one of the popular wheel-turning machines from Inovatec machinery. It is specifically designed for restoring aluminum rims. It makes use of a high-frequency hardening technique along with lamination treatment. If you are looking for a wheel-turning machine with high stability and accuracy, then this wheel-turning machine is for you.
This YN-26 automotive wheel turning machine is specifically designed for wheels of 26-inch size. The computerized interface in this model makes it an easy-to-use wheel turning machine. It is one of the economic models from Inovatec Machinery.
Optional Design & Setting
It is easy to control the sensor point with the help of the manual tailstock.
The aluminum wheels may slip during the milling process. The use of manual 3 jaws chuck will help to avoid this slip. This chuck supports mounting of most of the wheel types. It will provide safety to the outer edge of the wheel. It will ensure high accuracy repair on the wheel using the wheel turning machine.
The entire operation of the wheel turning lathe machine can be made a lot easier with the help of the GSK system. It is a Windows 7 based system. You can make the whole process automatic with the help of this automation module. It comes with easy to use instructions. So, anyone can easily configure and use it.
The temperature at the wheel can go high during the CNC lathe procedure. The Cooling system will help to bring down this temperature. It will help to prevent any unnecessary damage to the wheel during the heat generated in the process.
To enhance the life of the bearing, you can use automatic lubrication. It helps to bring down the frictional force in the bearing part. Apply lubrication at least once a month for better performance. Thus, you can increase the lifespan of the bearings.
The 6 station turret is another useful investment for the wheel turning lathe machine.
Wheel straightening machine
The wheel straightening machine from Inovatec machinery is one of the economically viable solutions to straighten wheels. It is quite easy to remove buckles, flat spots and bends in warped wheels with the help of this machine. It is an easy to use machine. This machine also comes with variable speed control. You can fix all kinds of wheel deformations within an hour.
You can order a minimum 1 unit of wheel repair machine.
We package the wheel repair machine in a wooden box. It can use for export.
We accept 30% of T/T payments. Balance payment shall be done before shipment
We are also open to another way of payment method according to your order.
If we have the goods in stock we can ship immediately after packaging. Please ask when you make the order.
We can ship to Ningbo/Shanghai port. We also ship to Tianjin/Qingdao Port. If you combine shipment with other goods you order in China, we can ship to your supplier factory per your requirement.
Definitive Guide for Wheel Turning Machine
Wheel turning machine is one of the most important wheel repair machines. If you are in the market for a wheel turning machine, this guide will help you choose the right one for your needs. There are many different types and models of wheel turning machines, so it is important to know what your options are before making a purchase.
This comprehensive guide will help you choose the best machine for your needs, as well as answer any questions you may have about wheel turning machines, what to look for while purchasing a wheel turning machine, and even how to get the best deals.
- 1. What is a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 2. What are the different Types of Wheel Turning Machine?
- 3. What are the applications of a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 4. How does a Wheel Turning Machine work?
- 5. What are the key components of a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 6. What are the safety features of a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 7. How should you use a Wheel Turning Machine safely?
- 8. What are the common mistakes people make while using a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 9. Are there any precautions that should be taken while using a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 10. How can you maintain a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 11. What are the benefits of using a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 12. How can you troubleshoot problems with a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 13. Who should operate a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 14. Why is it important to use a Wheel Turning Machine safely?
- 15. What are some tips for using a Wheel Turning Machine safely and effectively?
- 16. What are the parts of a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 17. What is the price range for a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 18. Where can I buy a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 19. What are the specifications of a typical Wheel Turning Machine?
- 20. What is the purpose of a Wheel Turning Machine?
- 21. How do I adjust the settings on my Wheel Turning Machine?
- 22. My Wheel Turning Machine makes noise, what could be the problem?
- 23. What should I do if there is something caught in my Wheel Turning Machine?
- 24. How long should I run my wheel turning machine for each session?
- 25. Should I lubricate my Wheel Turning Machine regularly?
- 26. What type of oil should I use for lubricating my Wheel Turning Machine?
- 27. Can I use other liquids instead of oil for lubricating my Wheel Turning Machine?
- 28. How often should I clean my Wheel Turning Machine?
- 29. What should I do if there is an electrical fault with my Wheel Turning Machine?
- 30. How can I tell if my Wheel Turning Machine is overloaded?
- 31. What should I do if my Wheel Turning Machine starts to smoke?
1. What is a Wheel Turning Machine?
A wheel turning machine is a tool used to refine and recondition wheel profiles. It makes use of a cutting tool that helps remove unwanted parts of the wheel to create the finished product. It is also called wheel lathe machine, wheel cnc machine or wheel diamond cut machine.
The machine is particularly designed for restoring and refurbishing wheel rims in a wide range of vehicles. It is helpful in wheel repairs and maintenance for re-cutting and re-shaping old and worn-out wheels.
A wheel turning machine is capable of repairing wheels that have been compromised due to excessive wear. It can be used to fix bends, buckles, dents, scars, curb rashes, and gouges in all kinds of alloy wheels.
2. What are the different Types of Wheel Turning Machine?
There are two main types of wheel turning machines.
The manual turning machine requires a skilled operator to control and supervise the lathe turning process.
The machine operator is responsible for installing and uninstalling cutting tools to perform different cutting operations.
The operator also manually controls the toolpath for re-profiling the wheels.
On the other hand, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) turning machines are operated using computer-based automation. As a result, it provides more specific control over the product and enhances the manufacturing process.
With wheel CNC lathe machines, the operator only has to select the parameters and dimensions for the wheelset. The device then carries out the lathe turning process, performing multiple cutting operations in easy and rapid succession.
There are also underfloor and portable wheel turning machines.
Underfloor machines are large-scale and floor-mounted. They are used to re-profile wheels without disassembling the wheelsets from the vehicle.
Portable turning machines can be transported more easily and used for individual dismantled wheelsets and bogies.
Other types include bench-mounted, engine, turret, and special purpose wheel turning machines.
3. What are the applications of a Wheel Turning Machine?
Wheel turning machines are commonly used to refine wheels from railway vehicles like locomotives, coaches, and wagons.
They can also be used on metal wheelsets from other types of vehicles.
However, they have broader applications in the processing industry, such as construction, consumer, aerospace, metallurgical, manufacturing, and petrochemical industries.
They can also be used in tool workshops and repair shops.
4. How does a Wheel Turning Machine work?
Wheel turning machines work by securing and rotating the wheel on a spindle while a cutting tool is advanced into it.
As the wheel rotates, the cutting tool moves linearly along multiple axes. This allows the tool to shave strips of metal off the surface, shaping the rim in the process.
The machine has a wide variety of configurations. It can be oriented horizontally or vertically.
It can also mount several tools on one or more turrets. The tools can work in multiple axes, from two to six axes per turret.
CNC machines make use of a computerized tool path control for precise work.
5. What are the key components of a Wheel Turning Machine?
Although the machine configuration varies, there are essential components in a typical wheel turning machine. These include:
This houses the main motor or engine, which drives and rotates the main spindle.
This helps to provide additional support for the wheel being produced or refined. The chuck grips the component on one end while the tailstock offers extra grip on the other end. This helps the turning process to run smoothly.
- Lathe Bed:
This acts as the base of the wheel turning machine, which supports all the other components. It is specially hardened to protect against any machining as the tool turret travels over it.
- Tool Turret:
This functions to hold all the different cutting tools used for operation. They vary in number and shape, as well as the number of tools they can hold.
- Main Spindle:
This is responsible for securing and rotating the wheel. It comprises the drive system, which includes motors, gears, pumps, and the chuck.
This assists the main spindle in driving the material and performs extra cutting operations. The sub-spindle helps improve the efficiency of the lathe turning process.
This consists of jaws that help to clamp and secure the wheel as it is rotated. It helps prevent the wheels from slipping and also ensures high accuracy repair on the wheel. The machine usually features one or two sets of manual 3 jaws chuck.
- Guide Rail:
This provides a path for the main spindle and wheel to move vertically or horizontally.
- CNC Control System:
This has the microcomputer in which the CNC software is embedded. It is the main control of the machine that contains the coded instructions and programs.
The wheel turning machine usually features a GSK system for one-touch operation.
The machine operator can start, modify, configure, and stop the machine using this panel.
6. What are the safety features of a Wheel Turning Machine?
The machines feature a fully enclosed setup to ensure any cut material, coolant, and other components remain within.
They also feature photoelectric protection switches to safely and quickly detect errors.
In addition, they are built with high-quality materials in line with safety guidelines for the best performance.
7. How should you use a Wheel Turning Machine safely?
Wheel turning machines are very versatile, and it is essential to know how to operate them safely.
The machines work by rotating a wheel against a cutting tool.
Before running the machine, you must read the user manual carefully.
You must be familiar with the machine’s entire motion sequencing and operation.
Load and secure the wheel to the spindle within the machine. Make sure the clamp grips the wheel properly.
Ensure all bolts, tools, and components are properly tightened and locked in place.
Enter the parameters and dimensions correctly for the wheel, such as tread diameter and wheel profile specifications.
Power off the machine before removing the wheel or clearing debris.
8. What are the common mistakes people make while using a Wheel Turning Machine?
People usually make a lot of mistakes while using a Wheel Turning Machine.some of them include:
- Setting the cutting tool to the wrong height.
- Making use of the wrong cutting tools or settings
- Inputting the incorrect data into the CNC controller
- Failing to ensure the tailstock is properly locked down
- Setting the chuck at a too high or too low feed rate (rpm)
- Improper maintenance of the machine
- Poor installation and assembly of the machine.
- Failing to wear safety gear like safety glasses and masks.
9. Are there any precautions that should be taken while using a Wheel Turning Machine?
Yes, there are a few precautions that should be taken while using a wheel turning machine. Some of them include:
- Keep on your protective gear, such as safety goggles, at all times.
- Ensure the cooling and lubrication system are activated for smooth operation.
- Ensure the airflow is not disrupted.
- Move the cutting tool to a safe distance when loading your wheel.
- Switch off the machine before making any adjustments or taking measurements.
- Check that the tool turret is working smoothly.
- Ensure the cutting tool is sharp before cutting operations.
- Ensure the cutting tool is set slightly above the center of the wheel.
- Do not run the machine at a higher speed than recommended for the wheel.
- Ensure all entanglement hazards like loose clothing and jewelry are removed.
- Keep the floor free of any slip hazards and obstructions.
10. How can you maintain a Wheel Turning Machine?
Regular and proper maintenance of the machinery is vital for optimal functioning.
You must inspect the device frequently if you wish to use the wheel turning machine for a long time. Here are important maintenance steps you can take:
- Power off the machine before performing any maintenance.
- Clear away any dirt, debris, or chips that build up after operating the machine.
- Keep the tool turret clean of all dirt, chip, and coolant.
- Regularly inspect the machine for damage, disrepair, or missing parts.
- Replace and fix any worn parts or damaged components promptly.
- Ensure you turn off and clean the machine and workspace before leaving.
- Keep all your lathe cutting tools sharp, as dull and damaged tools are ineffective and dangerous.
11. What are the benefits of using a Wheel Turning Machine?
There are several benefits of using a wheel turning machine.
One benefit is that the machine is versatile. It can be used on a wide range of wheelsets of different sizes and types.
Another is that the machine has high consistency and precision of operation.
The machine also runs at high efficiency. As a result, the rate of production and repair is high.
In addition, it does not require rigorous training to operate.
In the long run, wheel turning machines not only help save time but also help cut down costs.
12. How can you troubleshoot problems with a Wheel Turning Machine?
There are a number of problems that can arise while using the wheel turning machine. Below are common issues and how to troubleshoot them:
- Faulty cutting operation
Inaccurate cutting usually signifies a problem with the tool turret.
Some solutions include replacing the upper tool body and extending the tool holder locking time.
- Rapid tool wear
Make use of special cutting oil and lubrication.
Reduce the speed of rotation and feed rate.
- Failure to rotate
If the spindle is bent or broken, replace it using the correct size and model.
Inspect and replace any faulty parts like the spring, guide pin, or turret.
- Motor fault
Check that the power supply voltage is normal.
Ensure the machine is running on a stable voltage.
Replace the motor if damaged.
This can result if the generated heat is not discharged properly in time. It can affect the machining accuracy and burn the bearings and main shaft.
Try to adjust the clearance of the spindle bearings to enhance heat dissipation.
Avoid long-term load on the machine.
13. Who should operate a Wheel Turning Machine?
The wheel turning machine is typically easy to use and operate.
You need not necessarily be a highly skilled and experienced technician to use it.
However, you must follow the user manual and training videos to operate the machine safely.
14. Why is it important to use a Wheel Turning Machine safely?
The wheel turning machine can be pretty dangerous if not operated properly.
You must ensure you take note of all safety precautions to avoid any accidents or injuries.
15. What are some tips for using a Wheel Turning Machine safely and effectively?
If you’re going to be using a Wheel Turning Machine, it’s important to keep safety in mind. Here are some tips to help you use the machine safely and effectively:
- Strictly operate the wheel turning machine according to the manual.
- Follow the recommendation speed of rotation, feed rate, and depth of cut for the wheel.
- Make sure the tool turret is secured properly to prevent it from moving during a cut.
- Use a safety or barrier guard when operating the machine in semi-automatic or automatic mode.
- Ensure the cutting tool bit has proper clearance angles.
- Check that the hydraulic pump and pressure are correctly set up.
- Disconnect the power source before mounting or removing the wheel.
- Clean any loose metal shavings, chips, or debris.
- Check that the chuck is securely clamping the wheel to avoid slips.
- Ensure that the machine is running on the correct power and voltage.
- Ensure the room is adequately ventilated.
16. What are the parts of a Wheel Turning Machine?
The parts of a wheel turning machine include:
Headstock, tailstock, main spindle, sub-spindle, chuck, bed, tool turret, guideways, tailstock quill, foot switch, and CNC panel.
17. What is the price range for a Wheel Turning Machine?
The price for a wheel turning machine will vary depending on the size, horsepower, and type.
You can get an instant quote/estimate on our site for the specific machine you need.
18. Where can I buy a Wheel Turning Machine?
For the best, state-of-the-art, high-quality wheel turning machines, check out Inovatec Machinery.
19. What are the specifications of a typical Wheel Turning Machine?
The dimensions of a typical wheel turning machine are 2140 by 1600 by 1860 mm.
The maximum wheel size that can be handled is 28 inches.
The range of the spindle speed is typically 50 to 2000 rpm.
20. What is the purpose of a Wheel Turning Machine?
The wheel turning machine is a type of wheel repair machine. It helps to recondition and repair worn-out or damaged wheels.
It is also helpful in the manufacturing of wheels.
21. How do I adjust the settings on my Wheel Turning Machine?
The CNC panel is the component for adjusting the settings on your machine.
You can input a new program or reconfigure an existing program.
You can input new values into the panel to modify the operation as needed.
22. My Wheel Turning Machine makes noise, what could be the problem?
Excess noise while running means the machine is vibrating while cutting. This can significantly decrease the longevity, durability, and quality of your equipment and its parts.
The noise could be caused by machine imbalance or mechanical issues.
It could also be caused by problems with the cutting tool or wheel itself.
It is best to contact the manufacturer’s technical support for the best advice suited to your machine.
As a safety precaution, always use sharp cutting tools and sharpen them regularly.
Another thing to remember is that turning at high speed doesn’t mean better results.
Consult a speed chart to determine and present the necessary revolutions per minute for the specific wheel.
23. What should I do if there is something caught in my Wheel Turning Machine?
Something getting trapped in your machine can be a safety hazard. The machine could also get stuck and fail to rotate.
If you notice this issue while cutting, disconnect the power source to the machine immediately.
Then check to see if you can get rid of the blockage. If you can’t, then reach out to the technical support team.
To avoid this problem in the first place, ensure you regularly clean and maintain the wheel turning machine.
Always clear off all dirt, debris, metal shavings, and chips after use.
24. How long should I run my wheel turning machine for each session?
A standard wheel turning machine will take ten minutes to a few hours to finish the lathe turning process. The time depends on the equipment and wheelset specifications.
25. Should I lubricate my Wheel Turning Machine regularly?
Definitely, you should clean and lubricate your machine on a regular basis.
Failure to lubricate or improper lubrication can lead to decreased machine efficiency.
The parts won’t run as smoothly. This can cause inaccuracies, overheating, and air blockage.
26. What type of oil should I use for lubricating my Wheel Turning Machine?
There are different types of lubricants for wheel turning machines. These include soluble oils, synthetic fluids, and semi-synthetic fluids.
Ensure the oil you use has additives to enhance lubricity and prevent rust and bacteria.
Avoid using grease excessively on your machine as it traps metal shavings and cuttings. This can cause dirt build-ups and wear on your wheel turning machine.
27. Can I use other liquids instead of oil for lubricating my Wheel Turning Machine?
Yes, you can.
You can make use of water-based coolants.
You can also utilize synthetic fluids, which consist of synthetic compounds for lubricating properties.
Semi-synthetic fluids combine synthetic compounds and oils and are also a great option.
28. How often should I clean my Wheel Turning Machine?
Clean your wheel turning machine immediately after use.
Power off the machine and use a brush to clear all debris and particles gathered during the process.
Also, ensure you service the machine entirely regularly.
29. What should I do if there is an electrical fault with my Wheel Turning Machine?
You will have to perform a number of checks to diagnose the source of the problem.
First, check the back panel for the power supply. Check to see if power is still being supplied to the machine.
Replace the fuse if it is blown.
If that isn’t the case, check the power input and output. Ensure that the voltage is correct.
If the voltage is too low or there is no power, turn off the machine and disconnect the output wires. Then turn the machine back on and recheck the power output.
You might have been experiencing a short to the ground.
30. How can I tell if my Wheel Turning Machine is overloaded?
Overloading can damage your wheel turning machine.
Signs of mechanical overloading include vibrations, noise, or slow rotation.
31. What should I do if my Wheel Turning Machine starts to smoke?
Smoking or misting could result from improper lubrication, overheating, or electrical issues.
Power off the machine immediately if you notice any smoke.
Contact the technical support for help in case of smoking issues.